Re: ppp

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 04:48:34PM -0300, The FreeStuff Web Ring wrote:

> start up my ppp connection to the internet.  Is there a menu somewhere
> that I'm missing?

I 'm not familiar with WindowMaker, but on the general issue of PPP:

If you've configured your connection, type "pon" at a shell prompt in an xterm and you should get connected, there are other ways to do this as I'm sure you'll soon find out.

If you haven't configured your connection yet, you're in for a real treat ;)

You'll need to know:
the dotted quad addresses of you're DNS servers (###.###.###.### format)
your login name
your password
the connection protocol your ISP uses (one of CHAP, PAP, or chat)
    this one you can just try afew ways if your tech support doesn't
    know.

then run pppconfig as root.

If you have an ISP with knowlegable techsupport you should have no trouble.  unfortunately there's alot of them that are pretty useless out there :(

Good Luck,
Jon
---
Email: jon@osfn.org