Re: Kernel 2.2.9 and soundblaster module

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Mark Wagnon wrote:

> Brad wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > On my system, i put a script in /etc/init.d to automatically insert the
> > proper sound modules on boot (after isapnp runs and configures the card)
>
> Brad,
>
> would you mind sharing your script? I took a loot at those in init.d
> (most specifically that of xfstt) and I think I need some guidance
> before I try to write my own.

No problem, although my script probably isn't a model you'll want to
follow ;) /etc/init.d/skeleton would be a better model for just about
every case you'll need.

Also, there's a bit of redundancy here. I call isapnp, but the isapnptools
package installs a script (run before this one) that does the same. I
could probably then delete that line, i just need to get the time to test
it... Ditto for changing some of those insmods to modprobes; when i wrote
the script i didn't know how to use modprobe, and after that i didn't want
to break something that worked.

As a final note, i redirect all error messages to /dev/null. Works ok for
me for this script, YMMV.
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
  start)
    echo -n "Setting up sound card..."
    # Plug n Play config
    isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf 2> /dev/null
    # Install basic sound modules
    insmod soundcore 2> /dev/null
    insmod sound 2> /dev/null
    # init'ize uart thing, because sb needs it
    insmod uart401 2> /dev/null
    # Set up the actual sound card! Pulled numbers out of /etc/isapnp.conf
    insmod sb io=0x220 irq=9 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x300 type=6 2> /dev/null
    # Midi support. Note that this automatically loads opl3.o as well
    modprobe adlib_card io=0x388 2> /dev/null
    echo "Done."
esac

exit 0