Re: how do i produce a core file?

	Subject: how do i produce a core file?
	Date: Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 03:50:57PM -0500

Quoting Jeremy Taylor(jtaylor@brite.net):

> It appears that the default behavior of debian systems is to print
> "Segmentation Fault" rather than produce a core file.  Can anyone tell me
> how to change this behavior for debugging purposes?
>
> Appreciate any help!
>
> Jeremy

>From man ulimit
BASH_BUILTINS(1)                                 BASH_BUILTINS(1)
ulimit [-SHacdflmnpstuv [limit]]
-c     The maximum size of core files created

Seems to be a bash default.

--
In a five year period we can get one superb programming language.  Only
we can't control when the five year period will begin.