Re: dpkg verify? + a few doubts of a newbie

******** Newbie intruser alert **************
I think you should use dselect?
You may try the --print-avail <package name> option.
-------------------

Im not answering your question; 'just want to follow your thinking line (I AM the
newbie, not you).

What are the directory that have your shortcuts? How can I configure them (the
shortcuts)?  How can I add a shortcut to WindowMaker? To Enlightenment?

I have installed a scientific version of Debian packages. It takes about 500 MB.
There's a LOT of packages instaled. It took a LOT to install all of it.
So, I don't know what to do now... I have WindowMaker and Enlightenment as Window
Managers ( a few others, too). All I want to do is to click some icons and see
applications running. Where are these packs? When I install a software in Windows, the
instalation program creates shortcuts for the soft, for help, etc. All I can see is a
few shortcuts to packs that doesn't work (like Netscape), since they are not
installed, and a few that work (like Xterm).
When I enter Enlightenment, it says that I have no sound configured (I'll try to use
the soundblaster discussion on this list).
A friend told me to use KDE. I'm trying to install it (it requires libc6 > 2.1, which
is instable - I just downloaded it). Is this a good choice?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, Mr. Ingles. I'll try your tips. I'll have to open my computer - I hate this
!!!! But thanks, anyway.

Dean Spicer escreveu:

> Is there any way to get dpkg to verify all the packages installed on your
> system?  The reason I ask is that I inadvertently erased my menu directory
> (the one which holds all the shortcuuts to the applications for the
> windowmanagers).  I'm just looking for an easy way to restore my menus.
> I've tried the 'dpkg --audit' to no effect...any other ideas?
>
> Dean
>
> --

begin:          vcard
fn:             Romeu Flores, Jr.