Re: Kernel 2.2.9 and soundblaster module

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Ingo Hohmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there something about soundblaster support that I should
> have known by now? Seems that my irq, ... settings get lost
> when I compile soundblaster support as a module. (Sound works
> when compiled in, but I get "device is busy" error, when I
> use modules and try to insmod sb.o)
>
> Is there a possibilty to set irq, ... when using modules? Or
> is it another problem?

When you insert the sb module, you have to specify the io, irq, etc on the
command line, something like this:
  insmod sb io=0x220 irq=9 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x300 type=6

Same thing when you insmod the adlib_card for midi support:
  insmod adlib_card io=0x388

On my system, i put a script in /etc/init.d to automatically insert the
proper sound modules on boot (after isapnp runs and configures the card)