Re: clocks

On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 03:35:09AM -0500, Aaron Solochek wrote:
> Ok, I've read man pages, and I'm still confused.  What different types
> of clocks are there?  I know of the system and hardware, but I'm not
> sure which is responsible for what.  I also would like to know how to
> set everything because I think my system time and/or date is wrong.  Or
> maybe its my hardware time and/or date.....  Can someone explain?

You can set the system clock with the date command. For example:
date -s 12:00 or date -s "June 14". Then update the bios clock
with 'hwclock -w'. You have to do this as root.

Hope this helps.

> -Aaron Solochek
>  leko@cmu.edu

Joop
--

 Joop Stakenborg PA4TU, ex-PA3ABA <pa3aba@debian.org>
 Linux Hamradio Applications and Utilities Homepage