re: Kernel 2.2.10

I run Debian, I am running on 2.0.36 and have my Stallion Brumby 4 card
working (Intelligent ISA Multiport Serial Card)

Anyway, I installed 2.2.10 source, and edited
/usr/src/linux-2.2.10/drivers/char/istallion.c to show my cards io port and
address range.

Compiled in the support for the card, install new kernel and reboot, only to
find the card is not detected.

Rebooting back to 2.0.36 works fine, but I need to get kernel 2.2.x to work
with my card.. anyone have any suggestions, or have such a card working?

Cheers
Michael

PS. 2.2.9 does the same thing.