Re: ip-up scripts not running

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 07:42:12PM +0100, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:
[...]
> Also, I connect several times during a session: is there a way to
> start fetchmail from ip-up only if it's not running already?

I run this from ip-up.d, it is a shell script:

#!/bin/sh
if ifconfig|grep ppp0; then
        if ! ps ax|grep fetchmail|grep -v grep; then
                fetchmail -d300
        fi
fi

Substitute 'fetchmail -d300' by any fetchmail command you like.

> TIA,
> --
> alisdair mcdiarmid
> [i won't tear again i won't breathe in the shards of what is left]

Joop
--

 Joop Stakenborg PA4TU, ex-PA3ABA <pa3aba@debian.org>
 Linux Hamradio Applications and Utilities Homepage