Re: Further work on LDAP passwords (working on an ldap-adduser).

vandeveb@letu.edu writes:

> Yea, this one stumped me for quite a while to. From section 5.3 of
> the Slapd administrators guide: NOTE: The DN pattern specified
> should be "normalized", meaning that there should be no extra
> spaces, and commas should be used to separate components. An example
> normalized DN is "cn=Babs Jensen,o=University of Michigan,c=US". An
> example of a non-normalized DN is "cn =Babs Jensen; o=University of
> Michigan, c=US".

Is the Slapd administrator's guide available on-line, or is that the
actually published book you're talking about?

> So you need to get rid of the spaces in your access line. i.e.:
>
> access to * by dn="cn=admin,ou=People,dc=localnet" write

Ooh, nasty.  This was exactly the problem.  Thanks so much for the
help.  No one would have wanted to be around me by the time I would
probably have figured this out myself...

> I'll go ahead and report this to the openldap maintainer.

Great, thanks.