Re: New Win Convert--needs some help :)

On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 08:53:52PM -0600, Craig McPherson wrote:
> difficult, and the included fdisk program is MUCH better than that
> Disk Druid thing (which refused to even look at my hard drive),

There is one warning tho if you are going to use DOS... Linux's fdisk doesnt
care about the order of the logical drives in the extended partition (ie,
/dev/hda5 may well be _after_ /dev/hda6), which seems to greatly perturb dos'
fdisk. So if you use linux's fdisk ud better stop using dos' fdisk (which is
anyway horrible), otherwise you might wipe out your extended partition (this
happened to me once :( ).

-Lex