Re: where is xemacs21?

Joachim Trinkwitz <jtr@uni-bonn.de> writes:

> 2. Grab the corresponding packages for the new packaging system from
>    ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/ or one of its mirrors  (bbdb, auctex, gnus,
>    psgml, ... whatever, there are no standard lisp packages included
>    any more)

Note that the debian version of psgml is newer than the one include in
the XEmacs packaging system (the debian one is officially still beta I
believe).

> Works out of the box here, as you can see from my X-Mailer line in the
> header. You can even update the packages online from within Xemacs now
> (there is sort of a dependency system);

Unfortunately those dependencies are compile-time dependencies only
(i.e. source dependencies in Debian terms). Most of them these are
superset of run-time dependencies, but not always.  A real dependency
system is planned.

> the only thing I don't know
> yet is how to install local lisp stuff properly.

stick them in ..../lib/xemacs/site-packages/lisp

Jan

--
Jan Vroonhof                    http://www.math.ethz.ch/~vroonhof/
Mathematik,                               vroonhof @  math.ethz.ch