Re: php-cgi and non apache

On 13 Jun 1999, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> MS> I can't make to work php-cgi with non apache httpd's. Is there a
> MS> way?  (I use cern-httpd, but I'm satisfied with any non gutsy
> MS> eater httpd.)
>
> I have no problems with it on th Roxen webserver. I just do a redirect
> like
>
> /(.*).php3(.*)$  /cgi-bin/php3.cgi/$1.php3$2
>
> So unless you are not more specific (webserver, version, error message
> in browser and log file, setup you made for php-cgi), noone can help
> you.

I use cern=httpd.deb (30A-2) server from Debian 2.2 (unstable).
It looks, I'm not able to do well redirecting. I've got php3 interpreter
as /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php3 (php3-cgi.deb). When I try to redirect, it
errors (I do just trivial form and I use a variable from it in php3
action file):
"This server is not configured to handle POST", when I change method to
GET:
"This server does not perform searches".

Cgi written in C (without interface to php) works well (with POST method
too).