Apache won't run...

I can't get my Apache to run. It always dies with

[Sat Jun 12 18:16:03 1999] [info] mod_unique_id: using ip addr 127.0.0.1
getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
Error getting local address

I'm, obviously, trying to run this on my home computer without a FQDN.  I know
this is possible, but I'm not sure where it's having the problem.  My hostname
is set, and can be found with "echo $HOSTNAME", the ServerName is set in
httpd.conf, and the "bogus" IP address is in /etc/hosts.  What am I missing?

Eric G. Miller