Re: default ungziped /usr/doc/*/* ?

*- On 12 Jun, Carl Mummert wrote about "Re: default ungziped /usr/doc/*/* ? "
>>I am wondering about way to grep or to view with editor /usr/doc/*/* files.
>>Of course, these files are gziped, according to debian policy.
>>Is there any way to choose to install these docs in ungziped as default?
>>I can ungzip these, but also want to leave these under control of package
>>manager.
>
> I am uploading here a small, hackish perl script that, along with some
> apache configuration changes, will allow you to view the compressed
> files in http://your-machine/doc as if they were not comrpessed.

The dwww package already does all this and more. Check it out.

Package: dwww
 dwww lets you read all install on-line documentation via a local
 WWW server. When possible, it converts the documentation to HTML.
 You need both a WWW server and a WWW browser.

--
Brian