Re: configure compiler to core dump

On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 05:35:56AM +1000, Shao Zhang wrote:
> 	How do I configure the g++ compiler to dump a core when it
> 	segment faults.

I guess you're looking at the command to enable any segmentation faults. Under
bash, the command to use is `ulimit', try `man ulimit' to see the various
options as it is possible to fine-tune it. If you dont care you can just do
`ulimit -c unlimited' (unless your admin has disabled this), which will enable
any application to dump a core as large as it wants it.

I am sorry if I have mistaken your point but I dont think there is a way to
configure the compiler to enable core dumps.

-Lex