Re: loggin 'su'

Pere Camps wrote:

> Hi!
>
>         Is there any way to log with syslog all attepts (good & bad) to
> user 'su' ?
>
>         TIA!
>
> -- p.
>
> --

You might want to disable su and have users use sudo.  that logs to
syslog.  if they really need su they can do:

sudo sh

to get a root shell.  then can su to another user from there.  This has
the advantage that you need to individually allow each account to use
sudo, so no one that you don't specifically let use it can.

--Evan

--
Evan Van Dyke                               E-mail: evandy@netcom.com
Page: 15442232@pager.mirabilis.com          ICQ#: 15442232

w-- O- M-- !V PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t+ 5+++ X+ R+ tv+ b+++ DI++++ D+ g e h !r
y-

   "Quoth the Raven...  'Nevermore!'" --Edgar Allen Poe
   "I'll bet that all you can do is watch the ball bounce around the
screen.
                                      --Dilbert to Management