Re: [Re: deb pkg of X-server for Matrox Millennium G200 AGP]

Hi,

I installed the Xserver for this Matrox Millennium using the
xserver-svga_3.3.3.1-2_i386

When I execute startx, it comes up in somekind of a VGA big fonts mode.

Below are two lines from the startx run:
.
.
(--) SVGA: Mode "1280x1024" needs hsync freq of 107.16 kHz. Deleted.
.
.
(--) SVGA: PCI: Matrox Unknown chipset (0x0521) rev 1, Memory @ 0xf6000000,
0xfe000000, MMIO @ 0xfebf8000
(--) SVGA: chipset:  generic
.
.
The Nokia monitor specs Hsync to be 30-107Khz, and I can run NT
using the 1280X1024 mode. Not sure why it needs 107.16Khz. I am afraid
to raise it as it may damage the Monitor.

Also, Startx says Graphics chipset "unknown" but during installation it
detected the chipset be mgag200.

The first entry in /etc/X11/Xserver is /usr/bin/X11/XF86_SVGA

I am attaching my startx log(x.log) and the XF86Config file if someone
wishes to look deeper.

Another comment, the 1280x1024 mode worked once! but since my mouse
was not configured as PS/2, I had to re-do my xf86config and now it
never wants to go back to 1280x1024. I tried to do a xf86config as 1024x768
mode instead of 1280x1024 still same error as above..

I working hard thru all these and trying my best to figure
out what is doing on..

Can you help ?
Rathon.

dkjaeger@t-online.de (Dieter Jäger) wrote:

Hi rathon,

I didn't follow the whole tree, but I am running to Matrox
Millenium G200 AGP cards (8mb and 16 MB) with the XF86_SVGA X-Server. It
knows them and it runs perfect with to 15'' TFT Displays