Re: WinNT boot code

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:52:07 -0600, "Omniflux"
<omniflux@thepentagon.com> wrote:

>"Invalid Partition Table"  Turns out, the WinNT boot code halts if you have
>more then one partition marked "active", which I now had.  Unmarking the
>partition solved the problem.  I was just thinking it might be nice to put
>in a check for Microsoft boot code and warn you about that when you try to
>mark a second partition active, at least during the initial installation.

  Actually, in this case WinNT is completely right, and if the debian
code marks a partition active without clearing the mark on the others,
it is broken. At most one partition should be marked active; the active
flag signals the MBR code to boot this partition, and you can't boot
more than one partition at the same time.

  Gertjan.

--
Gertjan Klein <gklein@xs4all.nl>
The Boot Control home page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~gklein/bcpage.html