Re: newbie: mounting Mitsumi cdrom problems

>> mcd=0x320,9: Mitsumi status, type and version: 10 D 2 Double Speed CD ROM
>and it also says:
>> Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!
>> scsi: o hosts
>> scsi: detected total
>
>More hardware info: Micron 486DX 100, CD is Mitsumi FX001D. The
>interface card on the CD says CD-ROM Drive 16BIT I/F Card 74-1881A.
>I'm kind of confused about the SCSI failed initialization msg, b/c my
>HD is IDE and seems to work fine. The Mitsumi manual says nothing
>about the interface card being SCSI or IDE. Did I leave out any other
>relevant information? Oh yeah, I'm a Gemini.

Offhand, i'd say that you're trying to install a SCSI module at boot
time, and it's failing because the card doesn't exist.

cat /etc/modules to find out what modules are being loaded at boot.

 - flip

------------------------------------- flip@csh.rit.edu/flip@octoraro.org --
"Good.  Bad.  I'm the guy with the gun."
   -- Ash, Army of Darkness