Re: FW: HD Partition

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, J Horacio MG wrote:

> Well, since I already have my filesystem "scattered" into different
> partitions, `df' is useful.  But yes, I should have said `du /dir' (for
> every directory we want to keep in a separate partition) for someone whose
> system is all in one partition.

du -sh or du -ch are more useful than raw du. The -x option can be helpful
in some cases as well.

> Shame `du' won't give any percentages at all.

If you want percentage of the entire partition, grab a calculator and
divide by the size of the partition. If you want percentage of the amount
used by the system, grab a calculator and divide by the total space
used.