Re: Emacs without X in Debian?

>Hi, I've just installed Debian Linux on a very small partition (60mb).
>I want to install emacs, but the only Debian packages available (emacs19
>and emacs20) both seem to require XWindows, which I don't have nearly
>enough room for.  Also, I don't have enough room for gcc, so compiling
>stuff myself isn't an option.  Does anyone know where I could find a
>Debian emacs package that doesn't depend on Xlib, etc?  Thanks in
>advance. Loren.

Emacs does not need X!, You can work with emacs with any brand of dumb
terminal.

Xemacs (the name says it all) needs X, but Emacs does'nt.

    At\'e breve

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida
Departamento de Matem\'atica, Faculdade de Ci\^encias e Tecnologia
Universidade de Coimbra
P-3000 COIMBRA, PORTUGAL
e-mail: quaresma@hilbert.mat.uc.pt
url: http://www.mat.uc.pt/~pedro/