Many a problem

Okay...I have many problems and have finally broken down and resorted
to the outside world to help solve them...

#1:  My version of Enlightenment on the Debian 2.1 cd is really
strange...I can't access the start menu (I had to run everything from
command line) and esound doesn't work, even when I installed all of the
libraries it claimed to have needed.  What's wrong with the start menu,
though?!?!  I have a three-button mouse (all three clicks are
recognized by the computer) and I  have tried every possible
combination of the three...

#2:  Unfortunately, a fiasco with some bad ram from a friend crashed my
system and I was forced to reinstall.  Furthermore, when I tried
reinstalling Debian, my stupid cd drive screwed up and scratched the
disk so it can't be read by the computer (everything works fine up
until the actual decoding of the packages).  How would I get a free
version of Debian via PPP?

#3:  Due to the CD incident, I had to go back and install RedHat 5.2.
Can I download specific Debian packages from the web and install them
from this platform.  If so, how?

Thanks for reading this, and possibly responding.  :-)

Kin Namier
sqook@yahoo.com or
clonex@anti-social.com

===