Re: Scanner, Win95, Samba

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Sean wrote:

> I have a parallel port scanner ( flames > /dev/null ), and was wondering
> if it would be possible to use the scanner on a linux box via Samba if I
> had it(the scanner) hooked up to a Windows box.  I currently have a
> spare 486 that I would sacrifice to Windows if this would be possible,
> as it would be one more reason not to have to reboot.

 No, but there's some work being done on a Windows version of SANE,
WINSANE, as well as support for parallel-port scanners. You should be able
to find some mention of it in the mailing list archives at
"http://www.mostang.com/sane/";.

 What you *could* do is scan with Windows, and then import the files to
Linux via Samba...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles        (248) 377-7735        ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Is knowledge knowable? If not, how do we know this?" -- Woody Allen