Re: Keystone on Debian?

"David H. Silber" wrote:

> > > Has anyone out there successfully installed Keystone on a Debian system?
>
> On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 09:35:29PM +0000, David Coe wrote:
> > Yes, many versions of it.  If you use apache, php3-mysql and php3 from
> > slink, it's pretty straightforward.  If you run into problems, write.
>
> OK, since you offer...    :-)
>
> I've tried this on two Debian systems.  One runs slink, the other potato.
>
> The slink system (www.orbits.com) has:
> ||/ Name            Version        Description
> +++-===============-==============-============================================
> ii  apache          1.3.3-7        Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
> ii  apache-common   1.3.3-7        Support files for all Apache webservers
> ii  apache-doc      1.3.3-4        Apache documentation
> ii  apt             0.1.9          Front-End for dpkg
> ii  base-files      2.0.3          Debian Base System Miscellaneous Files
> ii  dpkg            1.4.0.31       Package maintenance system for Debian Linux
> ii  libc6           2.0.7v-1       The GNU C library version 2 (run-time files)
> ii  libc6-dev       2.0.7v-1       The GNU C library version 2 (development fil
> ii  mysql-base      3.21.33b-4     mysql database client binaries
> ii  mysql-dev       3.21.33b-4     mysql database development lib
> ii  mysql-doc       3.21.33b-4     mysql database documentation
> ii  mysql-manual    0.95-1-1       MySQL Manual in HTML format
> ii  mysql-server    3.21.33b-2     mysql database server
> ii  netbase         3.11-1         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
> ii  netstd          3.07-7         Networking binaries and daemons for Linux
> ii  php3            3.0.5-3        A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting langu
> ii  php3-mysql      3.0.5-3        Mysql module for PHP3 (apache)

The only differences I have among those are:
ii  base-files      2.1.0          Debian Base System Miscellaneous
Files
ii  dpkg            1.4.0.34       Package maintenance system for Debian
Linux
ii  netstd          3.07-7slink.3  Networking binaries and daemons for
Linux
ii  libc6           2.0.7.19981211 GNU C Library: shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev       2.0.7.19981211 GNU C Library: Development libraries
and hea
...but I don't think any of that should matter

> Keystone is installed in /opt/keystone.  Apache is configured to make
> this directory appear at /keystone.

That much is working, I tested it from here.

Here's what I have in my apache config files:

In httpd.conf:  (same as you have)
  LoadModule php3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so

In srm.conf:

  # DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written
HTML
  # directory index.  Separate multiple entries with spaces.
  DirectoryIndex index.php3 index.html Welcome.html

...that makes accesses to (e.g.) /keystone/ go to  /keystone/index.php3

...A slight aside... I opened "http://www.orbits.com/keystone/"; and got
(I believe
because you don't have index.php3 in your DirectoryIndex directive and
you have
automatic directory indexing enabled) a full display of your keystone
directory ...
you probably want to fix that when you put this into production.  You
should
also make your conf/ subdirectory unbrowseable, I believe.

So then I opened "http://www.orbits.com/keystone/index.php3"; and got:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'keystone@localhost' (Using password:
YES) in mysql.php3 on line 20
Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function logit() in
db.php3 on line 98

... you may want to look in your keystone.log (or wherever you have it
put its errors) to see
if it gives you more details.  Have you tested mysql access directly
using
'mysql -pwhatever keystone' -- maybe you don't have the mysql
permissions set correctly,
or aren't using the correct password.

So check those out, and let me know if you make progress.   The mysql
doc is one huge
document (single html page), but it's got a lot of good information
about setting up
privileges for hosts and users --- I also run pgsql which has a separate
and just as
confusing mechanism, so I have to read the respective docs every time I
want to change
one of them.  If you get stuck, ask, maybe I've worked through it before
and can
figure it out again.