Problem with ISP16

My problem is next:

I have Media Magic ISP-16 sound card (SB compatible) and Sony CDROM drive
attached to it (card is controller).

During installation I get to the point of adding modules in the kernel
(kernel and
modules are already installed from driver and rescue floopy).

My first choice was isp16 module for CDROM. When I started the installation
responce was:
{
ISP16: configuration cdrom interface, version 0.6.
ISP16: cdrom interface (with OPTi 82C928 chip) detected.
Isp16: cdrom interface set up with io base 0x340, irq0, dma 0, type Sanyo.

Installation succeeded.
}
Next to isp16 module was +.
But when I tried to go on with installation (Base System) computer responses:
{
mount: special device /dev/cdrom does not exist

The CD-ROM was not mounted successfully.
}

First I try to change wrong CDROM drive type by adding to parametars:
{
isp16_cdrom_type=Sony
}
Responce was:
{
ISP16: configuration cdrom interface, version 0.6.
ISP16: cdrom interface (with OPTi 82C928 chip) detected.
Isp16: cdrom interface set up with io base 0x340, irq0, dma 0, type Sony.

Installation succeeded.
}
But when I try to go on resault was same.

Then I try to add cdrom module (Common toutines for CD-ROM drivers
loaded automatically.).
Responce was:
{
Module inserted $Id: cdrom.c, v 0.8 1996/08/10 10:52:11 david Exp $

Installation succeeded.
}
But resault was same (both with Sony and Sanyo as drives).

Only other module which can be added is Sony 535
Responce was:
{
Sony CDU-535: probing base address 340
Sony CDU-535 I/F CDROM: ÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇ ÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇ ÇÇÇÇ  base address 340,
using
65536 byte buffer

Executing module post-install script 'cdromsymlink'...
script: cd /dev && rm -f cdrom && ln -s cdu535 cdrom
Post-install 'cdromsymlink' scripts done.

Installation succeeded.
}
But when I try to go on responce was:
{
mount: /dev/cdrom: Can't read superblock.

The CD-ROM was not mounted successfully.
}

That is not suprising because it is wrong driver, but it could help you
to understand what is wrong.

My understanding is that when I add module it should (through 'cdromsymlink'
script file) link files /dev/cdrom and /dev/cd.driver, and isp16 and cdrom
don't do that. Later when installation trys to mount cdrom
(mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom) /dev/cdrom just don't exist, or in case
of cdu-535 can't read it.

Can you help me to solve this problem, or is it bug in installation
(I have Debian GNU/Linux 1.3 with Linux 2.0.29). If bug is in the installation
is there some way to solve problem manualy (through shell)?

Thank you for help,

			Jure.