RE: I am not impressed with Debian so far.

On 08-Jun-99 Steve Lamb wrote:

>>Multi-CD needs to be streamlined.
>
>     No, it doesn't.  Why use a CD at all when you van get the latest
> and greatest direct from the net?  Better documentation, maybe, so
> people can get a base install working, but beyond that, nothing but
> net.

I'll tell you why. Like millions of others who have to go on line
by modem, with costs here in Europe at about $1.00 per hour at cheapest,
at max 10MB/hour its going to take you ages, and cost you much more than a
good packaged CD set, to download 1 CD's worth of stuff.

Comparatively, CDs are cheap, very fast, and easy to go back to many
times. That's why we use them!

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>