Newbie Question!

Hi all. I've just installed Debian 2.1 on my system. everything went fine until the moment that dselect show up. Dselect shut put the files on my harddisk what it did partialy. after that it shut configure, which it didn't at all, by very file there was an error (it went so fast i could see what the error was). At the end it just quit, leaving me whit just this message "dpkg --configure returned error exit status 1". What can i do to install and configure the files i want on my comp.

thanx in advance.