Re: Random partitioning questions

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Orion the Hunter wrote:

> OK, you asked for it...
>
> I would save 500-750MB for later experimentation with other setups (for
> exaple, debian potato).

Actually, i'm running potato right now. Haven't had too many troubles with
it yet, submitted bug reports (usually with solutions) when i have.

> You don't need to make a partition with this space right now, just set
> some space apart for later.  You could probably take that space from
> /home and /usr.

How about if i steal it from my 6G windoze drive? (: Which i plan to
anyway, once i get the Linux fixed. The only reason i keep it around if
Just In Case someone forces me to use a windows-only prog that doesn't
function under Wine. (no cash for vmware, so don't anyone suggest it!)

Yeah, i know i put a lot into home and usr. For home at one point i was up
to 600M because of too many random data files, cut that in half but i
still want the space available in case i need it short-term. For usr, it's
just huge already, it needs space.

> I would also mount the  root partition in hda1 and all the others as
> logical partitions (hda5, hda6,...) within an extended partition
> (hda2).

Any particular reason? Remember, i'm asking as much to learn as to get
answers...