Re: ssh1.27-1 won't forward X11

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Chanop Silpa-Anan wrote:

> Since I upgraded ssh from 1.26 to 1.27-1 on potato, ssh won't forward
> X11 connection anymore!! I have to downgraded back to 1.26
>
> I think this is a problem with the package.

I'm using ssh version 1.2.27-1.1 (haven't seen version 1.27-1 around
anywhere ;)

Recently X11 forwarding wasn't working with one of the servers i regularly
ssh to. Then it decided to work again, i'm not sure if it was my tweaking
the config files or some problem on the server end. It still gives the
following error, but it has done that with every ssh version and X
forwarding still works fine.
  Remote: * Remote error: Agent socket creation: Directory
   '/tmp/ssh-loginname/..' is not sticky, mode is 40777, should be 041777
  Remote: * Remote error: Authentication forwarding disabled.
  Warning: Remote host denied authentication agent forwarding.

One thing to check: X11 forwarding is off by default. You need to
either use the -X command line option or put a line "ForwardX11 yes" in
your ~/.ssh/config file.