RE: exim receives mail, but won't send it to smarthost

snippet from /var/log/exim.paniclog:

1999-06-06 22:00:35 10qn7Y-00002f-00 SMTP error from remote mailer after
MAIL FR
OM: <root@champagne> SIZE=1735: host travelin.com [207.69.200.62]: 450
<root@cha
mpagne>... Sender domain not compliant with RFC 822, section 6.2.7
1999-06-06 22:00:37 10qn7Y-00002f-00 SMTP error from remote mailer after
MAIL FR
OM: <root@champagne> SIZE=1735: host travelin.com [207.69.200.60]: 450
1999-06-06 22:00:39 10qn7Y-00002f-00 == root@champagne T=remote_smtp defer
(0):
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM: <root@champagne> SIZE=1735:
host
travelin.com [207.69.200.61]: 450 <root@champagne>... Sender domain not
complian
t with RFC 822, section 6.2.7

> Most likely this is a result of people with dynamic dialup IP addresses
> attempting to directly deliver their mail. Remote host notices that
> reverse IP lookup and claimed hostname in HELO do not match so it rejects
> your mail. If you are using an ISP and have a dynamic IP dialup account,
> you should be using your ISP's mailhost for outbound mail.

I'd already chosen the smarthost option (#2) in the eximconfig utility.

> Try running eximconfig again and add localhost to your list of other
> domains for which your host recieves mail for.

I'd already specified this in /etc/exim.conf, but I ran eximconfig again
with similar results.

Where do I edit my "Sender domain"?  Is it in /etc/exim.conf?  If so,
is "qualify_domain" the appropriate token?

Thanks,

--David