Setting IRQs for PCI cards without pciutils?

I'm having an IRQ conflict and would like to "soft-set" one of my PCI cards
to a different IRQ. Unfortunately, it seems that pciutils will only run
with kernels >= 2.1.

I just spent the day compiling various versions of the 2.0.36 kernel and
really don't want to mess with 2.2. (I did once before -- and, long story,
but they don't call the unstable distribution "unstable" for nothing...)

Any thoughts on how to set my PCI card's IRQ from software in slink?
"apropos pci" only brings up pages on pciutils.

Many thanks....

Ron H-E

--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org & http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/
     Center for Ludic Synergy & "Kennexions" Glass Bead Game