Re: netscape 4.6

	Subject: Re: netscape 4.6
	Date: Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 08:04:54PM -0500

Quoting Brian Servis(servis@purdue.edu):
> *- On  6 Jun, Hartmut Figge wrote about "Re: netscape 4.6"
> > Serge Gavrilov wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> Does anybody know: is (unoffficical) netscape 4.6 packed for Slink system
> >> exists somewhere?
> >
> > in order to keep my slink clean from the ´horrible´ glibc 2.1, i also
> > had to found a way. i decided to download the tarball from netscape and
> > to use the debian-installer.
> >

> The communicator/netscape v4.6 as well as X 3.3.3.1 and a few other
> newer debs for slink can be found at, http://ftp.netgod.net/x, or add
> the line below to your sources.list file for apt.  This is a Debian
> developers site, they are built from the potato sources against a slink
> system, so they are safe.
>
> deb http://ftp.netgod.net/ x/
>
> --
> Brian

I tried to install, with apt & dselect, communicator/v4.6 from your
site but kept running into a problem with netscape-base-4 (>=10).  I
can't find that version on your site, in potato or in Slink.

I settled on 4.51 even tho I know it has its problems.

--
As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.
                -- Weisert