Installing from disk

I'm installing my debian system from floppy disk, since I cannot use
internet, due to having an AOL account (stupid parents.)  Is there a way I
can take large files and get them onto floppy disks?  Even compressing some
files wouldn't allow them to be transferred, and I was wondering if there was
a way to do this.  Perhaps using tar?  I'm only familiar with zip files, from
Windows.  If you know a way to split files up, please let me know.  Thanks.

Colin Winters