Re: Setting software clock (gmt)

Chris Frost wrote:

  >--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx
  >
  >I'd like to have a box setup so that it's hardware clock is set to gmt,
  >while in software the box presents the time in the local time (central
  >fwiw); how would I do this? Is there a pre-setup way to account for
  >daylight savings time, or should I either do it manually or through cron?

Use tzconfig to set up your timezone, which is best defined by the nearest
city in the same zone (so mine is Europe/London).  Use date to set the
system time to the correct local time.  Then use `hwclock --systohc --utc'
to set the hardware clock to UTC (= GMT).

(All as root, of course.)

     "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be
      content with such things as ye have. For he hath said,
      I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
                                             Hebrews 13:5