Linux and 3DFX (prolly off-topic)

Hi.  I've just installed a Monster3D pass-through for my Diamond Stealth 64.
I installed GLIDE 2.x, Mesa 2.6 (Quake doesn't seem to like 3.0) and a 3dfx
module (which creates a '/dev/3dfx' device) -- my kernel is 2.0.  I can run
programs compiled with libc6 (not with libc5 however, I just get a seg fault).
The various 3dfx test programs run OK, and so does Quake II running it's GL
renderer.  The only problem I have is that the card will only work at the
640x480 resolution -- nothing higher, nothing lower.  The 3dfx test programs
simply crash, and Quake II reverts back to 640x480 if I try and change.  I
know that there's nothing wrong with the card because I can switch properly
in Win95.  Any ideas ?  Thanks in advance,

	Pete =:-)

PS: Please mail me at <pete@restall.net> because I'm not on the list any more.
--
/* ____/|   pete@restall.net              */

/* Windows 98: n.                                        (Alex Satrapa).     */
/*   64 bits (and pieces) of bugs (and fixes) and featuritis tacked on to 32 */
/*   bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit     */
/*   operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written   */
/*   by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition, and has not a */
/*   bit of respect for their customers.                                     */