Re: HELLO

On 04-Jun-99 Bob Brown wrote:
> Hey, this is a good one {grin} .  Why can't I think up a scam like
> this?

What scam? I didn't see anything devious there.

Seriously, there are people in such a situation as described and in their
case it's not funny. People do get tracked down and killed.

If (as is probably the case) it's a genuine cry from the wilderness,
there's probably not much anyone can do except maybe (and discreetly)
offer some comfort. Even email messages can be risky though, in such
cases, since there is a possibility of tracing them to the recipient.

In any case, even if it's possible that it's a scam, it should not be
laughed at thoughtlessly; the other possibilities are too serious and too
sad.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>