Re: local mail delivery

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 11:48:45PM -0400, Carl Mummert wrote:
  >Unfortunately, that seems to not be the case...all of the mail is
  >deliverd to the account which invokes fetchmail.  The To: header points
  >to a local user, but is not delivered to that user.

  Are you running fetchmail as root, as the procmail manpage suggests?

haven't been...
just gave it a try...now, instead of all the mail ending up in my normal
user account, it ends up in root's mailbox.

meteu# cat /etc/aliases | grep root | grep flip
root:       flip
meteu#

and I've run newaliases since making this entry...
all the mail seems to end up in root's mailbox anyway...like it's
skipping sendmail, basically...which is what it's doing, since I'm
invoking procmail, sendmail aliases aren't going to do anything...

just changed the mda line to  "/usr/sbin/sendmail   -oem   -f    %F %T"
so, it's accepting the senmail aliases now...

however, I'm back to where I started...all of the mail ending up in the
flip account even though it is addressed to majordomo@meteu (a sendmail
alias) or otheraccount@meteu (a login account)...

 - flip

------------------------------------- flip@csh.rit.edu/flip@octoraro.org --
"Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far...
 Pile on many more layers, and I'll be joining you there..."
    -- Pink Floyd, Shine on You Crazy Diamond