Re: Laplink and DOS

If you can use a null modem cable, then you don't need PPP or
anything. You just need a terminal emulator in DOS (Norton
Commander has one). Setup is very simple too.

You have to edit your /etc/inittab file to allow login over the
serial line. You will have to run an mgetty or agetty on a serial
line. You can consult the Serial howto.

In this way, not only you can copy files, but you can run a full
(text mode) Linux session from that laptop.

If you need more help, mail me personally as I don't read the
list often (I'm not even a Debian user right now).