dselect woes

I am currently trying to install some packages in Debian 2.0 (using the CD
Rom), using dselect. I can select them without any problem, however when I
choose the option to actually install them, I get the following error
message :

"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc, or too many
mounted file systems.
installation script returned error exit status 1.
Press RETURN to continue."

This was working just fine a couple of days ago, and I am wondering if I
have accidentally corrupted one of the system files (or something ?)

The following two snippets may be useful in diagnosing this fault.

(1) This is the response when I execute the mount command without any
parameters :

"/dev/hdb2 on / type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /mnt/cdrive type msdos (rw)
/dev/hdb1 on /mnt/ddrive type msdos (rw)"

(2) This is the contents of /etc/fstab (I added in the line for the cdrom,
thinking that it might make the difference but it didn't) :

"# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
/dev/hdb2	/		ext2	defaults,errors=remount-ro   0      1
/dev/hdb3               none            swap    sw          0       0
/dev/hdc        /cdrom          iso9660 ro,noauto               0       0
proc                /proc           proc    defaults    0       0"

Any help appreciated !!