Re: SSH problem

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> We installed ssh on our new Debian 2.1 (slink) powered server. We do not
> have X on it at all, but I get this message every time I log on through
> ssh. The login works fine though.
>
> "Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
> not be run on the server side."
>
> How do I get rid of it?

this message is basically harmless.  to get rid of it, you can either tell
your ssh client to not request X11 forwarding (put 'ForwardX11 no' in
/etc/ssh/ssh_config or ~/.ssh/config);  or you can add the xbase-clients
package to your server and that'd let you run X11 apps from your server on
your client's display.  up to you which one you do...

-thomas

ps. when's Opera for Debian coming out? ;)

EF D8 33 68 B3 E3 E9 D2  C1 3E 51 22 8A AA 7B 98 umbra (!)