Re: Kdevelop

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Eber de Castro Diniz wrote:
> Hi Barry
>
> I've tried downloading the mentioned file from the URL you gave... but
> it wasn't there...

Umm, yes, I was going from memory when I advised you.
I actually used apt-get to install kdevelop, but using kfm
and kpackage, go to this URL:
http://snowcrash.tdyc.com/debian/dists/slink/rkrusty/binary-i386/devel/

> About the kfm, I've tried to install other package using the technique
> you said, but when I right-click on the file that I wanna install, the
> menu don't show me the install button...
>
> I do know that's so boring, but can you help me again?

In kfm, with that URL on-screen, right-click on kdevelop deb package
and one of the pop-up menuitems is kpackage. Select kpackage
and it will load, and kpackage has an install button.

If you don't get kpackage in the pop-up menu, then maybe it isn't
installed. (is this a Catch-22 situation?) --- then, find what package
it's in and use apt-get, which requires more instructions.