Re: Kdevelop

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Eber de Castro Diniz wrote:

> I have tried to install the kdevelop, but when I ran the ./configure,
> the program showed me up the following message:
>
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> your installation and add the correct paths!
>
> But where do I find this files? I've looked for it at
> /usr/bin/X11R6/include, but didn't work....

Hi,
I've just installed it. I got it as a deb package from
http://snowcrash.tdyc.com/
If you've got kpackage installed (should have it, if you
have KDE installed), it's a piece of pie ---
using kfm (KDEs file manager, which is also a nice
web browser), go to the URL, right-click
your mouse on the deb package of interest, and kpackage
will be in the popup menu. kpackage starts, click "install" button.
Job done.
Actually, it calls dpkg. kpackage is a graphical frontend
and handles both rpms and debs.

I installed all of KDE from the same site.

Regards,
Barry Kauler