Re: LILO Problem

	Subject: LILO Problem
	Date: Sat, May 29, 1999 at 02:48:22PM -0700

Quoting Lorne Williams(lornew@direct.ca):
> Hi gang. I've read every scrap of documentation on lilo I can find *twice*,
> and I'm still discombobulated. Here's my situation:

[snip lilo.conf file]

Here is a workng example

# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
# Start LILO global section
boot = /dev/hda                         # Device containing boot
sector
compact                                 # faster, but won't work on
all systems.
prompt                                          # Force boot prompt
map = /boot/map                         # Default       = /boot/map
Default = Slink2.2.9            # Default       = /boot/boot.<number>
Timeout = 250                           # Wait <val>/10 sec. after
prompt then boot default
# End LILO global section

# Image sections
# Linux bootable partition config begins

#  Slackware 3.3
# Share 5.1 Gig IDE Drive with Win95 (ugh)
#
Image = /vmlinuz
        root    = /dev/hda3
        label   = slack33
        VGA     = 0xb
        append  = "lp=0x378,0 boot_verbose=1"
##  Note: append line alows printer to be polled
##        saving the IRQ for other, more inportant
#         uses

Image = /boot/Slack2.2.3
        root    = /dev/hda3
        label   = S2.2.3
        VGA     = 0x317
        append  = "video=vesa:ypan,nopal lp=parport0 parport=0x378,none"

#
#   Debian 2.0
Image    = /boot/hamm-36
  label  = hamm-36
  Root   = /dev/hdb1
  VGA    = 0xb
  append = "lp=0x378,0"

#       Debian 2.1
#
Image    = /boot/slink
  label  = Slink
  Root   = /dev/hdb2
  VGA    = 0xb
  append = "lp=0x378,0"

Image    = /boot/Slink-2.2.9
  label  = Slink2.2.9
  Root   = /dev/hdb2
  VGA    = 0x317
  append  = "hdd=cdrom lp=parport0 parport=0x378,none"

#       Debian 2.1-1
#
Image   = /boot/potato
        label   = Potato
        Root    = /dev/hdb10
        VGA             = 0xa
#
Image = /boot/memtest86
        Label = Memtest

#       Win95  Why waste the disk space??
#
Other = /dev/hda1
        Label   = win
        Table   = /dev/hda

# NOTE:  ALL boot images copied to /boot on /dev/hda3 and all
#                other distro's /boot.
#                /etc/lilo.conf in all distro's is the same.
#        This alows any distro to rebuild the MBR on hda.
#        This is overkill but it works!

HTH, YMMV, HAND

--
Real Programmers don't write in PL/I.  PL/I is for programmers who
can't decide whether to write in COBOL or FORTRAN.