specification of mailhost password to fetchmail on command line.

Hello,
I'm using the following fetchmail command to download my mail from
my smarthost:

	/usr/bin/fetchmail -u funk48 travelin.com

This command causes me to be prompted for my mail password, but
I'd like to be able to run this as a script in a cron job, i.e. to
to have this script run w/o user input.

I've read the manpage for fetchmail and it says:

"The default behavior of fetchmail is to prompt you for your
mailserver password before the connection is established.
This is the safest way to use fetchmail and ensures that your
password will not be compromised. You may also specify your
password in your ~/.fetchmailrc file. This is convenient when
using fetchmail in daemon mode or with scripts."

There is, however, no mention of the syntax for .fetchmailrc.

Q1) Is there a way to simply add the password to the command line?
Q2) If not, then where can I find the proper syntax for .fetchmailrc?

Thanks,

-David