Re: GNOME update for Debian 2.1 (slink) released

>> "M" == Morgoth3  <Morgoth3@aol.com> writes:

M> I am trying to install GNOME onto my other computer from floppies.
M> What is the easiest way to do this?

Eek. This is no fun. Especially as some packages won't fit on one
floppy. I never did something like that before, so I can't help you
here.

M> I went to the url given with the original email, and it talked
M> about task* packages, yet they aren't on the FTP site.  What do I
M> do?  Thanks.

Unfortunately, somehow the syncronisation hit the wrong directory :-(
This will be fixed monday at latest. Sorry for this.

In the meantime, use one of the following sources.list lines:

deb http://www.debian.org/~jim/debian-gtk-gnome/gnome-stage-slink slink main

deb ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/gnome-1.0 slink main

Ciao,
	Martin