How to find and install Gnome .debs?

I had Gnome working pretty nicely (installed using apt).  I have been
using apt-get to upgrade my system regularly; one upgrade broke Gnome,
and I couldn't  figure out which.  So I have purged all Gnome
packages.

Are step my step instructions available somewhere for getting and
installing Gnome .debs?

I have these lines  in /etc/apt/sources.list.

> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable non-US
> deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/gnome-apt ./
> deb http://www.debian.org/~bma enlightenment/
> deb http://snowcrash.tdyc.com/debian potato rkrusty
> deb http://www.debian.org/~jim/debian-gtk-gnome/gnome-stage-slink unstable main

I now note that the last line says "slink"; however this problem came
along long before that.  Is the slink gnome incompatible with potato?

Thanks.

Alan Davis

--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)
AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis