Re: CD Burner

On 27 May 1999, Arcady Genkin wrote:

> "Christopher J. Morrone" <morrone@wen.capsl.udel.edu> writes:
>
> > > Just to add to everybody's whining, I should say that I haven't been
> > > able to get my CDR (Panasonic 7502 SCSI) working for about 6 weeks
> > > now. Yes, Me Too (tm), I have to boot into Windows to burn CDs and
> > > scan. Lucky I don't play games. ;^)
> >
> > Whats the problem?  You know the device name is /dev/scd* for a SCSI CDROM
> > drive, and not /dev/sd*, right?
>
> Actually, I'm using /dev/sg1 (/dev/sg0 is my CDROM).
>
> Well, the problem is that although both cdrdao's and cdrecord's docs list
> my drive among the supported, my tries for simulated burns failed with
> both of them with the same error "SCSI retriable error" or smth to
> that effect. After that the device would remain locked with BUSY light
> constantly on. "cdrecord -reset" doesn't help -- only reboot.

That is about an exact copy of my efforts to get a HP7200i to write CD's.
I am on the point on giving up on it.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and he shall
      strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the LORD."
                                    Psalms 27:14