Re: bashrc file gone! Where is it?

Brendon Baumgartner wrote:
> I can't seem to find the .bashrc file. I checked all over for it.
> According to the debian package search on their website, its
> suppose to be in the bash package, but I installed that again, and
> its not there! What can I do to find it?? Thanks.

umm.. try "vi .bashrc".   :-)

It's just a text file, that you can use to configure your non-login
shells. But seriously, you should have been given a default one
(blank) from /etc/skel/ when you created your user account. Is there
a chance that you may have accidentally deleted it?

Read /usr/doc/bash/examples/startup-files/bashrc.gz

--
         .       .      kaha@coinet.com