Re: pdf: printing multiple pages on a single sheet - how?

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Mark Phillips wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To reduce the amount of printing I must do, I want to print two A4
> pages of a pdf document on a single A4 sheet --- or even better, reduce 4
> A4 pages down so that it can print on a single sheet.
>
> Is there any software to do this?

Wakko{jgg}~/work/apt/apt-pkg#apt-cache show mpage
Package: mpage
Version: 2.5.1pre-2
 Mpage reads plain text files or PostScript documents and prints them on
 a PostScript printer with the text reduced in size so that several
 pages appear on one sheet of paper. This is useful for viewing large
 printouts on a small amount of paper. Uses ISO 8859.1 to print 8-bit
 characters.
installed-size: 113

Works great, feed it postscript and it crams it onto less pages :>

Jason