XF86Setup segmentation fault

I just upgraded to potato the other day, and have been pretty impressed
so far.  The only hang-up I've had that I haven't a clue as to what's
causing it or as to how to fix it is with XF86Setup.  Whenever I run it,
it cranks the screen where it asks me if I want to use the defaults, and
I say no, and then it says the little blurb about switching to video
mode might take a while.  I then get the hatchmark-screen where the
mouse cursor is a big X, and for a second the setup screen flashes, and
then it goes away, leaving only the hatchmark screen.
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace takes me back to the command line, where the comment
"Segmentation Fault" always awaits me.  This isn't a super big deal for
me personally as X is still functioning perfectly well with the config
file that was left over from Slink, but I was wondering if anyone else
was having this problem and/or if there was a fix.

Sean